Monday, June 30, 2008

A letter to Mia.

So what is to follow is going to be a letter to the little M. Now, I had a little trouble trying to figure out if I should address her now as she is, all cute and basking in her babiness or if I should address her as someone who would actually read and comprehend a letter from her father. I haven't mentioned but we would like to collect all the posts from the first year and send them off to a company that makes blogs into books. So considering we wouldn't give her the book untill she is a teen. It solves my problem I will address her as such.


Dear Mia,

I wanted to write you a letter about the here and now. I often wonder about my own years as a baby. My life is a young child was not typical and there were a lot of challenges for me. I spent a lot of time moving around. Eight different foster families in fact. That includes different schools different friends and different personalities.

What I hope for you is something very different. I need you to know how happy our world is now that you are here. In a very real sense you fill an empty space that I have always tried to fill. Your that missing thing in our lives. So far we have stumbled our way through the first eight months of your life. We guess a little about what to do. We argue a little and meet somewhere in the middle of what we both believe to be right, but we are never without an abundance of love for you.

We love you very much.

Your a very happy baby, and beautiful. You have big giant eyes that already melt the hearts of everyone who sees you. One of our friends referred to you as impossibly cute. I agree. Yesterday you laughed, giggled out loud at something we were doing and it was as if the world stopped for a moment and we held our breaths. Ask me about it, I will remember it till the grave.

The world will forever be in turmoil, sides will always bicker. If you get one thing from me I pray that it is hope. Hope that if we do our best, and give our best that it will always be enough. I hope for you that you are the best part of me.

Forever your Father,
Petrie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. that makes me teary eyed.

CrossFit KFOR said...

Thanks Kim! Gets me a little misty re-reading it!

general125 said...

Def write like like she can comprehend.

It would be interesting to see you write in the language of a 7-month old.

(Pointing at dad with a half eaten cheerio in her hand) Ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-yeeeeeee.

Or something like that :)

andryadawn said...

So Im slowly catching up on your older posts... and now Im sitting here all teary... thanks alot. ;)
I can say growing up as a little girl, I always thought my daddy was a genuine hero. Now, I dont think... I know. He's superman. Looks like you're off to a good start of proving the same to little M.