Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The missing thing

babylove

I am in love with my daughter.

I look at her and I am filled with excitement and joy and happiness and love just a ton of love.

I am smitten. I feel bad when she bumps her head and cries. I saw a big giant tear fall off her face and hit the carpet the other day and my heart broke. I can still see it in slow motion and my heart breaks again.

It's cheesy and big bad firefighter/soldiers probably shouldn't be so emotional and trite. Alas I can't help it. In the very beginning I was committed and excited but truth be told I felt a wee bit worried because I wasn't overwhelmed with love and bonding and the desire to work 80 hours a week for your kid. Now I am thinking 80 is that it. This kid is awesome, I may never get to see her but at least she can afford nice shoes. So be it.

The Little M, what can I say if her pictures don't tug at your heart then I dare say you might need to go see a cardiologist.

I am glad she has afforded me the opportunity to love so openly and so absolutely. It's so different from what Trixie and I have or what I have with my family. Not better, well.... OK fine not better but wholly wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't put my finger on it...but she somehow resembles her Mom in this photo. So cute! Looking forward to seeing your Team on Sunday! xo K & M

Anonymous said...

Her head looks less flat now. Keep the photos coming.